0. CREATOR PRE-INTRODUCTION
My objectives for Stonk Simulator are:
- To entertain and educate
- To improve my skills
- To create something new and contribute to the dapp space
- To spread awareness of smart-contracts and decentralized finance
There are many rough edges and things that could be better.
I gave it everything I had, and I hope to do even more in the future.
Stonk Simulator is not just another clone or a get rich quick scheme.
It is a labor of love.
- Mr Fahrenheit
Stonk Simulator features:
- A simulated economy that self-regulates with automatic inflation
- Circuit Breakers, Bailouts and potentially a Market Crash
- An exclusive referral system that rewards both buyer and referrer
Stonk Simulator is on the TRON network and uses the USDJ token:
USDJ is a stablecoin, meaning each token is worth $1 USD.
USDJ can be acquired by:
Users can make three actions:
- Buy Companies for USDJ ($1 min.)
- Reinvest Stonks into new Companies
- Sell Stonks for USDJ
Each Company produces 1 Stonk per second and cannot be sold.
The investment ratio is 86400, the number of seconds in one day.
In other words, reinvesting after 24H would double your Companies.
2.2) Key Terms
The Stonk Market is a special number used to control the economy, which:
- Starts out at 864 Billion
- Increases a little bit from Buys
- Increases a lot from Sells
- Never decreases
refers to the USDJ available for when Stonks are sold.
refers to the USDJ set aside for Bailouts.
(displayed on the chart) refers to the number of Companies received for $1.
Note that this chart appears to be inverted. When Stonk value rises, fewer Companies are received.
2.3) Market Behavior
Buying Companies increases Stonk value
- Stonk Fund increases
- Minor inflation
Reinvesting Stonks preserves Stonk value
- Stonk Fund unchanged
- No inflation
Selling Stonks decreases Stonk value
- Stonk Fund decreases
3.1) Distribution of Funds
25% of every buy and sell is distributed among various game mechanics.
This image demonstrates the allocation during each stage of the game:
For a sell, the "STONK FUND" portion is received by the player instead.
The Pre-Market is a 24 hour period at the start of each round.
All Pre-Market buys are combined to form the first buy of the round, and the Companies received are
Stonks are not produced until the Pre-Market has closed.
Pre-Market buyers receive "Pre-Market Dividends" for the entire round.
3.3) Circuit Breakers and Bailouts
As the Stonk Market grows, it can hit up to three Circuit Breakers:
- 10 Quadrillion (1e16)
- 10 Septillion (1e25)
- 10 Undecillion (1e37)
Whenever a Circuit Breaker is hit, 7 Bailouts
- 70% for the Biggest Spender (entire round so far)
- 20% for the Last 5 Buys (4% each)
- 10% for the Biggest Producer (most Companies)
For CB1 and CB2, the payout pool is ⅓ of the Bailout Fund.
For CB3, the entire Bailout Fund is divided and the round ends.
If there is a Market Crash
, no further Bailouts are paid and the round ends.
3.4) Market Crash
The Market Crash timer prevents the round from ending early.
It has a maximum of 72 hours and starts counting down when the Pre-Market closes.
Time is added when players buy:
- Start to CB1: 30 minutes per $1
- CB1 to CB2: 10 minutes per $1
- CB2 to CB3: 5 minutes per $1
In the event of a Market Crash:
- The Bailout Fund is added to the Stonk Fund
- All Stonks and Companies for the current round are lost
- The next round begins with a new Pre-Market
4.1) Stonkbroker Status
Stonkbroker status is earned by spending $200+ within one round.
It is permanent and persists for later rounds.
If you spend $200+ in your first buy, you do not need to use a Stonkbroker.
Stonkbroker status and 10% cashback will be received automatically.
4.2) Stonkbroker Benefits
Stonkbrokers receive 10% cashback on all buys and unlock a referral link, allowing
them to Broker Trades for non-brokers.
10% of the funds from a Brokered Trade are split between the buyer and the broker, earning the buyer
Non Brokered Trades receive no cashback.
Therefore, non-brokers must choose between:
- Using a broker
- Becoming a broker
- Losing money
- Leaving the website in disgust
However, non-broker buyers can change their broker
This means brokers who do not regularly contribute risk losing business.
4.3) Using a Stonkbroker
To use a Stonkbroker, visit their referral link in your browser.
Their name will appear underneath "CURRENT BROKER" on the page.
4.4) The Chadbroker
The Chadbroker receives 1% of all buys and sells after the Pre-Market closes.
To become the new Chadbroker, a Stonkbroker must have:
- More Brokered Trades than the current Chadbroker
- More earned from Brokered Trades than the current Chadbroker
The Chadbroker is reset with each new round.
5. THE BANK
The Bank is a developer-funded contract separate from the game where players can exchange between
USDJ and TRX for a 3% fee.
5% of the volume from Stonk Simulator is transferred to the Bank to provide liquidity for new
players and reward the developers for several months of work.
6. THE FORMULA
Derived from ancient shrimp farm
manuscripts and stone tablets, it is not yet fully understood by
calculateTrade(AMOUNT, FUND, MARKET)
calculateTrade(AMOUNT, MARKET, FUND)
USDJ being spent or Stonks being sold.
(Note that 25% of the USDJ from buys and sells is distributed as shown in Distribution of Funds,
and this is calculated outside of The Formula)
Contract balance available for sells.
The Stonk Market:
- Starts out at 864 Billion
- Buying adds 10% of the Stonk value (Companies * 86400)
- Selling adds 100% of the Stonks sold